Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On death

On my last day in Hong Kong, I received news of a close relative's death.

He had been suffering for the last few years and recently, his condition got worst and most of his organs had failed. His heart stopped for a good 40 minutes 3 weeks ago but was lucky to get resuscitated. Lucky or unlucky, I don't know. Because he was on the life-support system for the last 3 weeks of his life. We knew it was a matter of time that he'll leave us. However, no matter how prepared we might seem for this day, death is still not an easy issue to grapple with.

I am glad I made it back on time to attend the wake. The memorial service just now was an emotional one. We teared. Though my encounter with this relative was brief because of some reasons, I could tell that he was a good person in all aspects. Like what his churchmates say, I hope he is in heaven now.

May you rest in peace, my dear father-in-law.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure, I will look you up if I need your help(: and you're still Ms Seah to me even though u aint a teacher now.haha.

anyway stay cheerful as always(:
CHEERS!

loves,
Sophia