Friends were once considered to be closer to me than my family during my teenage years. No one at home understood me better than my friends then. Friends meant the world to me and having a squabble with any of them made me feel despondent and lonely till we make up again.
Although now friendship has taken a step back and family back on the high post on my hierarchy chart, friends are still considerably important in my life. They are the ones who have the ability to bring back a smile on my face when things are not running smoothly for me. They are also the ones whom I know I can turn to for a listening ear when my family is not there for me.
I can understand perfectly well why my students feel so depressed when they have problems with their friends. Sometimes as much as I would like to help, I knew that there is only this much I can do. For the two parties to make up, there must be a mutual consensus that they want to be friends again.
Saw this quote somewhere the other day and I want to share with all of you.
Friendship is based on forgiveness.
Today if your friend has done something wrong,
you have to forgive her immediately by thinking that you could have made the same mistake.
If she has been nasty to you today, you have to forgive her immediately.
Tomorrow you may be in the same position - you could be nasty to her.
So if you forgive her when she is nasty, then if a day comes when you are equally nasty, she will forgive you.
Good qualities eventually come forward. Good qualities will not remain dormant forever and forever.
Don't hold on to grudges for too long. If possible, solve the problem soon. No one is perfect and as much as we would like to be a perfect person, we know we are not in some ways too. Learn to forgive and life will be more beautiful.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
On Friendship and forgiveness
Rants of
The obnoxious Teacher on the Equator
at
11:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment