Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finally I can heave a sigh of relief.

Last week was a demanding one. I had to train a set of emcees for International Friendship Day and another for Commendation Day.

Got the Sec 2s and 3s to do the IFD and they handled it pretty well. Special thanks to Nic who wasn't feeling well that day but still took up the task readily as he knew we had no back-up emcees who could do his part. Can't forget Poorvena, Hafidz and Connie too. For some of them, it was the first time standing in front of the school to present. Not bad for a first timer!

As for commendation day, it was a tad more demanding for the emcees. They went through several rehearsals and were closely scrutinised by teachers in the process. Thanks Huan Ni, for not throwing in the towel and giving up because of that; for hanging on and taking these remarks in your stride, changing for the better along the way; for running to Far East to buy a pair of heels for just this occasion. You are more than I can ask for. Thanks girl!

As for Sean, he had more experience being an emcee and I could count on him to guide HN along the way this time round. I like his voice especially and I seriously think he'll make a good DJ or voice-over artist in future.


A big thank you to all. I'm proud of you.

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. - Lucius Seneca

Hope this experience is a good one for everybody.

No comments: