Two days ago, my class chairman gave me something from the class. I was pleasantly surprised.
They made a collage of 4 class photos, blew up the picture, made it into a jigsaw puzzle, framed it and presented to me. Awwwwww... so sweet! Thank you 3E3ians, this is indeed a meaningful present.
Since I came to GY in 2005, I had been the form teacher of 3 distinctively different classes - 2E3'05, 1E3'06 and 3E3'07. And I just realised the trend! Seems like I have this affinity with the E3 classes.
2E3'05
This class was notorious for their mischievous and rebellious ways. Their ways made many teachers twitch their face at the mention of the class. I didn't start off the right note with them too. I remember scolding 2 girls on the first day I went into that class and before I knew what was happening, I was the public enemy of 40 students. This incident made me realise how closely knitted this class was and that I had to put in double the effort to reach out to them. I was glad to say that I succeeded in the end. 'Difficult' students that other teachers had identified cooperated with me and they gave no more troubles to me at all. They will even hush their fellow classmates up when they realise that their friend had stepped over the line and my face was turning black. They were protective of me and often told me to let them know if I get 'bullied'. They would often stay back after class and offer to clean up my classroom and chat with me at the same time. They shared with me their problems, their dreams and their worries. I lent a listening ear and my two cents worth of thought.
What really made me smile at the end of this form teachership with them was when they told me that they finally understood that they should never judge a person through first impression. I left a nasty first impression with them initially, but all these changed when we got to know one another better.
These students are now in Sec 4 taking their 'O'levels. I wish them the best for their future endeavours and I want to let them know that they will always hold a special place in my heart.
1E3'06
This class was an adorable one. There were only about 7 boys in this class and of course, they got overruled by the girls most of the time.
Innocent and real is what I can describe them as. They gave me no troubles at all! A very motivated and hardworking class that knew when to work and when to play. They were mischievous of course but they never failed to crack me up with their silly ways. They were attentive when teachers teach, they were responsive and they were bubbly just like me! I got lots of praises from other teachers about them. They even got the 'Best class award' for a few months running. They were my pride then.
To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I knew that I was not going to follow them up to Sec 2 but I knew that they would be in safe hands under the other teacher. Though I did not teach them this year, it was heartening to run into them along the corridor and witness their metamorphosis into fine young men and ladies.
3E3'07
This class is truly sweet. I only had the chance to see them once (at most twice) a week but my rapport with them was not compromised. They thought of me in everything they do and they showed their respect for me through actions and words. They brought smiles to my face in their simple and thoughtful ways. Being self-motivated and well-behaved, I did not have to scream at any of them for shoddy work because they try their best for everything. Teachers attest that they are the best in terms of attitude and I cannot help but agree. Many of them are leaders-in-the-making and I really look forward to see them succeed in life.
I do not know if I will get to follow them through Sec 4 but I want to tell them that they had made me a very happy form teacher this year. I cannot ask for more. Thank you 3E3ians!
3 form classes, different characteristics. You made a difference to my life. I hope I did to you too.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
An entry to my form (er) classes
Rants of
The obnoxious Teacher on the Equator
at
1:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
hey thanks ms seah for ur guardiance through out there few years ..we truly appreciate that ..2e3'05 ..wish u all the best in teaching and continuing to shower countless care n concern to gyss students ..take cares!!
Hey Min Quan!
Didn't expect you to read my blog too. =) Nice to read your comments. Students like you just makes me feel so good about teaching at times.
How's your 'O' levels? Hope you pass with flying colours! Remember to update me when you get your results.
hahas i anyhow link ..so drop by n say a big thank you =)
its ok ..some easy some higher standard ..yeah!!hope i can =)
thanks
no problem wil update you soon
take cares n enjoy our holidays ..hahas
AHHHHHHHHHH! MsSeah :D
Helllllooooo
I read the post d:
Wheeeeeee. I miss being in your class. Raawr.
Yesyes, you did make a difference in our lives too <3
- Rae
Hi sweetie Rae! Great to see you here! Don't miss me too much, I might just become your EL teacher next year if you're 'lucky' enough. *wink wink*
hey miss seah, juz found out u got blog today ;D,
nice comments on 2e3'05 haha, really describes us so well ;)
well, i want to thank u for ur guidance during my sec2 yrs and basketball trgs and tournaments.
thanks for letting me realised the folly of me not attending trgs and everything :D.
jiayous in educating those gyss-ians.
i gonna embark to poly life.
hehe -huixin :D
Post a Comment