Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The JKT Wedding

Well the much anticipated wedding of the Year for me. No prizes for guessing, it's not mine.

It's exciting because it was the first time ever that I travelled out of Singapore to attend a wedding! (Ok, let's not count Sentosa alright?)



The whole group of us who travelled miles to grace this wedding



Packed like sardines in this MPV at 2am. Believe it or not, there's a traffic jam at this hour!


The few of us decided to be a little adventurous and have a HAIR-makeover at the salon next to the hotel before the wedding dinner.


The result was... a total disaster.

0_0


The minute the hairstylist said 'done', I wish the floor would open up immediately so that I could crawl into it and hide! It was unbelievable. I was in a state of shock but my hairstylist was beaming with pride at her creation. -_-"

(I did comtemplate for a moment if I should post up the picture for you to see, but... I decided against it because it is seriously too hilarious!)



Sigh... What weird taste Indonesians have. Now I understand why most of the rich Indonesia tai tais have beehive hairdo. It seems to be the 'in' thing there. Oh, did I mention that it cost only about $5 for a hairwash/blow and massage? Cheap cheap! But effects are...

I attempted to 'salvage' my hair when I went back to the hotel room, let's just say that I'm a natural hairstylist. After some waxing and taming of my 'backcombed/beehive' hair, I could finally make my way to the dinner gracefully without fear of being laughed at!


The 'salvaged' hairdo


This trip was totally enjoyable though I wished I had stayed longer to explore more of JKT other than just staying in the hotel and shopping at the mall next to it. By the way, that mall happens to be 10 times worst than LUCKY PLAZA! Torturous for a shopaholic like me. =(


Though a short stay, I still managed to pick up some things about JKT.

1) Never attempt to venture out on your own. Its too risky and you might get mugged or raped!

2) Stay in a hotel owned by the triads. You'll feel safer as nobody would dare to make trouble there.

3) Must try the J'CO donuts! Delicious! Even better than Krispy Kreme!

4) Salons there offer good services at cheap prices! I did a hair treatment for less than $10 and it includes a really relaxing 45mins head and shoulder massage. Bagus! Other than that, do not attempt to try the hair makeover.

5) Most people there have chauffeurs as its cheap to get one. Heard from my friend that it costs about SGD$200 to get one! Sigh..if only it is so cheap here, then I won't have to try so hard to get a driving licence!

6) Traffic jams can occur at 2am in JKT too.

7) Your vehicle doesn't move an inch during peak hours and you can take the opportunity to run out to buy some food and return to the car minutes later without creating public outcry.

8) Every building in JKT has the security booth where you're expected to be scanned. However, even if it beeps, the security guard will just give you a glance and then allow you through. Sigh... What security are we talking about here?

This is Jkt for me, I might not return unless there's another good enough reason for me to do so.


At the end of my trip, my friend Yoyo told me,


"Thanks for risking your life to come here to attend my wedding."


*smiles* Its my pleasure.

No comments: