Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ask me what is exasperation and I would tell you it is when you are supposed to take the 8.30am flight out of Singapore to Hong Kong but at 1.54pm you are still at Changi Airport waiting for an available flight to take you there.

I swear I'm not going to take subload ticket ever again. It's just not a good feeling when you do not have a firm seat for a particular flight and you have to stand at the counter 45 mins before the gate closes and pray that some passengers don't turn up for whatever reason so that you can get up this flight.

Your heart beats faster as the minutes past because you know the chance of getting up the flight is getting slimmer. Your heart sinks when the counter lady shakes her head and asks you to come back 2 hours later for the next flight because this flight is full. =(

I was at the airport at 7am today and the latest time check was 2.01pm. it's a good 7 hours that I've been here and the disappointment is setting in. I've been bounced off 3 flights already and I am really keeping my fingers crossed that I can get on the next flight. This sense of anxiety is one which I have not felt in a long long time. Booo!

Wish me luck everyone. And a big SORRY to my 3E3 students who are in HongKong now. I won't be able to join you for disneyland today because of this hiccup. Hope you all had fun nonetheless.

Back to the jittery wait. Ciao!

No comments: