And so, I made the decision.
It wasn't the easiest decision to make but I'm glad to have the support of my loved ones and people around me.
The farewell was emotional. Thank you 4E3, for the things that you have done for me. You have provided me with the most beautiful memories in my teaching career. I teared because I witnessed how much you have blossomed over the years under my care. I cried because I see how united you stand through the activities you engaged in and how fortunate I am to have all of you who have never given me any problems these two years.
My biggest regret? It has to be, not being able to stay with you till graduation. However, I know that everyone of you will put in your very best for the 'O' levels and do me proud. I have faith in you.
Special thanks to the following people :
1) 3E3 for collaborating with my 4E3 to bring tears to my eyes on that day.
2) Mr A, who was definitely the mastermind behind the 3E3 photo-taking session scam with me.
3) My Sec 4/5 basketball girls, for doing up the the little board for me with your pictures and well wishes on it. Thank you for remembering that I love the doughnuts from this particular shop and buying them for me.
4) Sae, for the beautiful bouquet of flowers, cookies, teddy and the card which said it all. Thank you for letting me know how much influence my words had on you and inspired you.
5) 3N2, for the card which Astrid drew and all of you penned.
6) Astrid and Joann for the teddy bears.
7) Annisa for the home-made pineapple tarts.
8) Joy, Si Ting, Li Hua and Anna for the lovely sunflower.
9) Chun Hui for the lovely video.
10) Mark for the lovely gift.
11) The students who came forward to shake my hand and express their gratitude to me for teaching them this year.
12) All the other students and colleagues who made me feel special in one way or another during my last few days in school with you.
These little gestures warmed my heart. You mean a lot to me too.
Lastly, good luck to all who are having exams. Remember, do everything as though it is the last time you're doing it. So do your best! I have taught you all that you need to know, the rest is all up to you now.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Adieu
Rants of
The obnoxious Teacher on the Equator
at
12:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment