Saturday, October 27, 2007

It has been a long while since I last posted. The last post was dated 21st August, 2 months ago! For this, I apologize.


Well, there are several reasons for keeping away from bloggers for so long.

I was,

1) busy preparing the graduating students for the 'O' Levels, making sure that they are well-equipped to cross this little milestone of theirs.

2) preparing the Sec 3s for the EOY exams and after, furiously marking several weekends away.

3) going through exam papers with them, doing up the holistic remarks for their report books, analysing their scores and justifying if all of them are eligible to go up to Sec 4.

So there you go, now all these basically ate up all the time I have for other more 'interesting' activities.



Yesterday was the last day of school for the students this year. I was taken aback by how fast the year had zoomed by. As I sat through the graduating ceremony of the Sec 4s and 5s, an avalanche of emotions overwhelmed me. I had excitedly dragged another fellow colleague to sit with me in the 2nd row and was made fun of by her for being overly enthusiastic. To be honest, I am proud to see my students graduating especially this batch of endearing students. I hope I had taught them well this year and prepared them well for the 'O' Levels. I hope that they will succeed in life, one day come back to look for me and tell me of all the extraordinary things they have achieved. I hope I will be a teacher whom they will fondly reminisce about in future when they gather together.


A senior teacher once told me that a teacher must not get too emotionally attached to their students because it hurts when this feeling is not reciprocated and students ignore or pretend not to know you after they leave school.

I hope my students will not do such a thing in future. I want you to call out loud to me on the streets if you see me from a distance. I want you to keep in touch with me and update me on how you are doing in life.


Will you be able to do that?

No comments: